The Family & Fatherhood
- Use reliable research to identify and understand problems facing Richmond families and youth and Identify solutions.
- Measure how effective these solutions are based on reliable data.
- Build broad public support through communication and collaboration.
- Work with different programs and initiatives that support our mission.
- Mobilize a community-wide effort involving public and private agencies, faith-based organizations, the business community, media and private citizens.
- Advocate for family and father friendly policies.
This initiative will empower a broad group of community stakeholders to help boys and young men to:
- Gain a high self efficacy resulting in better social behaviors, more effective parenting, better relationships and life skills.
- Progress through the transition of boyhood to manhood and manhood to fatherhood to include:
- developing healthy relationships
- exercising responsible sexual behavior
- modeling healthy relationships for other men
- Complete their secondary education and pursue college, career and stable employment.
- Develop the ability to make long and short range decisions based on principles of good citizenship.
- Equip them with the essential knowledge and skills for maintaining consistent emotional and financial connection with their children.